EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: High school diploma or GED. Six months to one year of previous experience preferred.
TRAINING REQUIRED: Forklift safety training and certification. Shipping procedures and documentation. Receiving procedures and documentation.
BASIC ABILITIES: Good hand and eye coordination. Good vision and hearing. Good reading and comprehension skills. Must write legibly and have basic math skills. Repetitive lifting of 50 pounds.
JOB BRIEF: Job duties may include the below, as well as any other duties as assigned:
Level 1: within the first 90 days employee should be able to demonstrate the following capacities:
1. Working with minimal supervision.
2. Able to understand written and oral instructions.
3. Applicable material handling/forklift equipment certification obtained.
4. Safe operation of all equipment, along with requisite routine equipment checks.
5. Understands basic inventory set-up, units of measure, and bin locations.
6. Pulls orders with minimal assistance.
7. Stages orders in proper locations, allowing for second verification before shipment.
8. Able to stretch wrap items, band material, and pack/unpack.
9. Cleanliness of work areas.
Level 2: within 91 days-12 months employee should be able to demonstrate the following capacities:
10. Pulls orders by correct locations and ensures items/quantities are error-free so that the inventory system (AS400) data is consistently reliable.
11. Ensuring that the shipment is correct.
12. Receives/unloads incoming material, and completes necessary verifications/paperwork.
13. Safely load all types of trucks, with a high level of accuracy.
14. Generation of pertinent documentation, as applicable.
15. Checks own quality and quantity of work.
16. Maintains confidentiality of company proprietary information.