Account Manager Position
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: High school diploma or GED. Working knowledge of computers (Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook), proficiency in verbal and written communication. Experience in order entry, tracking, and follow-up. Basic math skills.
TRAINING REQUIRED: On-the-job training in AS400 software. Training ongoing in related areas.
BASIC ABILITIES: Effective communication and organizational skills. Maintains confidentiality of company proprietary information.
JOB BRIEF: Works with minimal supervision. Works from written and oral instructions. Prioritizes and acts quickly for the best interest of Sigma Supply and the customer. Reports directly to the Customer Service Manager, and may include any other duties as assigned.
Level 1: within the first 90 days employee should be able to demonstrate the following capacities:
1. Process customer orders.
2. Trace shipment pro numbers (tracking numbers).
3. Understand Customer Service processes and interactions of other departments.
Level 2: within 91 days-12 months employee should be able to demonstrate the following capacities:
4. Works autonomously to build relationships with assigned customers.
5. Maintains and updates customer files.
6. Provides customers with on-time delivery and follow-up information.
7. Works directly with sales representatives to better support/serve customers by offering research/reports and inventory management (as determined by management).
8. Works proactively in all facets of providing world-class customer support.
9. Positive attitude and pleasant demeanor in all correspondences with customers.
10. Flexible and adaptable to position needs and cross-training/support for the department.
11. Ability and desire to handle and de-escalate conflicts, even under intense pressure.
12. Keeps work area clean and safe, per 5-S program.